Contribution to the SDGs
One of the priorities of Línea Directa Aseguradora's 4th Sustainability Master Plan, for the period 2020 to 2022, is to make a contribution to eight of the major challenges in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, which it has incorporated into its management strategy:
1. Good health and well-being (SDG3): Línea Directa Aseguradora promotes healthy living and well-being, not only for our customers, employees and suppliers, but also for society in general.
2. Quality education (SDG4): At Línea Directa we believe that education helps to reduce inequalities, which is why we contribute in our environment with quality education for specific groups.
3. Gender equality (SDG5): Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but it is one of the essential foundations for building a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.
4. Accessible and non-polluting energy (SDG7): Accessible and non-polluting energy (SDG7): Committing to renewable energy is the first step for an environmentally responsible company; at Línea Directa we have installed photovoltaic panels at all work centres.
5. Decent work and economic growth (SDG8): We support economic and social policies dedicated to eradicating poverty and actively collaborate by helping those groups most in need.
6. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure (SDG9): We are committed to innovation based on respect for the environment that always considers the benefits for our customers, employees and suppliers. We support initiatives that promote technology and research in the insurance industry.
7. Reducing inequalities (SDG10): Reducing inequalities and ensuring that no one is left behind is an integral part of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
8. Sustainable cities and communities (SDG11): We are confident that the way to reach the Sustainable Development Goals is to act on a small scale and impact local communities.
9. Responsible production and consumption (SDG12): Using existing resources and giving many materials a second life is the future and is part of our culture as a company.
10. Climate action (SDG13): Línea Directa Aseguradora is committed to combating climate change at various levels of action.
11. Peace, justice and strong institutions (SDG16): We believe strongly in peaceful and inclusive societies as a democratic model of coexistence, and we are committed to transparency and accountability.
12. Partnerships for the goals (SDG17): Working together is the best way to achieve goals, so Línea Directa Aseguradora believes in partnerships between government, the private sector and civil society.