The following text regulates the use of the Línea Directa website by Internet users. Please read the legal notice carefully each time you visit this website as it may be amended at any time. If you do not agree with the stipulations, do not use the website.
In compliance with the provisions of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on E-Commerce and Information Society Services, you are hereby informed that the owner of the website www.lineadirectaaseguradora.com is Línea Directa Aseguradora, S.A. Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros, with a registered address at Calle Isaac Newton no. 7, Tres Cantos, Madrid and holder of tax ID no. A-80871031, registered in the Mercantile Registry of Madrid at volume 7902, folio 41, sheet M-127697 (Línea Directa).
Línea Directa is registered and supervised by the Ministry of Economy and the Directorate-General for Insurance and Pension Funds.
If you would like to contact Línea Directa, please call 902123123.
Customer service and legal defence for insured parties
Línea Directa attaches the utmost importance to the quality of the service provided to its insured parties. For this reason and to make it easier to process any claims that may arise, all the information is provided at the following link:
Línea Directa Group's Code of Ethics
The Línea Directa Group respects the law in its fields of activity, avoiding involvement in any type of dubious behaviour that does not comply with prevailing legislation and acting in accordance with the principles contained in our Code of Ethics.
This code aims to create and maintain an open channel of communication with employees and stakeholders, in order to hear their requirements and expectations and aim to satisfy them. This channel will also be used to accurately report on business activities and results, guaranteeing maximum transparency and the honest exchange of information at all times.
Acceptance of the legal notice
Access to this website or its use in any way implies acceptance of all the provisions of this legal notice. Línea Directa reserves the right to amend this notice at any time. It will therefore be the responsibility of every user to read the legal notice in force each time they access this website. If they do not agree with any of the conditions set out here, they must refrain from using this website.
Being an insured party also implies accepting the General and Particular Conditions of the insurance policy taken out from Línea Directa.
Via the website www.lineadirectaaseguradora.com, Línea Directa provides users with access to different content, services, information and data (the 'content'), provided by Línea Directa or by third-party service and content providers. Línea Directa reserves the right to amend the presentation, configuration and location of the website at any time, as well as the content, products and services contained on it.
Conditions of access
The website may be accessed by anyone, free of charge. However, certain services require prior logging in with a username and password before they can be used.
The products and services offered by Línea Directa on these pages may be arranged in a secure environment that uses a data encryption system to protect your communication with us.
The customer can see that they are in a secure environment through the closed padlock icon at the bottom of their screen.
The products and services that Línea Directa offers on this website may be requested and/or arranged online by customers using a system of passwords provided by Línea Directa for verifying their identification and ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of their transactions.
Línea Directa requires passwords for access to certain services. The user is solely responsible for keeping their passwords confidential. They will therefore be responsible for the content posted and activities carried out in their account or with their password and must take any appropriate security measures, such as undertaking to keep their access code secret, carefully logging out of the community at the end of each session, etc.
Registering as a user
Línea Directa informs users that the products and services offered on this website are solely and exclusively for residents of Spain who take out insurance for a vehicle that is usually kept in Spain, with a vehicle being understood to have its usual establishment in Spain when it has a Spanish licence plate. This should not be understood, because of the language used on this website, to be an offer for vehicles that have their establishment anywhere outside Spain.
If any service included on this website is arranged by a user who does not meet these requirements, it will be under their sole responsibility and Línea Directa will be held blameless in this regard. Línea Directa may refuse to register a customer as soon as it becomes aware that the user does not meet the above requirements.
Línea Directa may, at its sole discretion, deny, withdraw, suspend and/or block access to content or services, at any time and without prior notice, to any registered Línea Directa users who fail to comply with this legal notice.
Conditions of use
The user undertakes to use the website, as well as the content and services, lawfully and appropriately, in accordance with the legislation applicable at all times, this legal notice, ethics and generally accepted good customs and public order. The user or insured party must refrain from:
- Unauthorised or fraudulent use of the website and/or the content for purposes that are illegal, prohibited by this legal notice, harmful to the rights and interests of third parties, or that, in any way, may damage, disable, overload, impair or prevent the normal use of the services or documents, files or any kind of content stored on any computer;
- Accessing or attempting to access resources or restricted areas of the website, without complying with the conditions required for such access;
- Causing damage to the physical or logical systems of the website, its suppliers or third parties;
- Introducing or spreading computer viruses or any other physical or logical systems that are likely to cause damage to the physical or logical systems of Línea Directa, its suppliers or third parties;
- Attempting to access, use and/or tamper with data belonging to Línea Directa, third party suppliers and other users;
- Reproducing or copying, distributing, allowing public access through any form of public communication, transforming or amending content, unless this has been authorised by the owner of the corresponding rights or it is legally permitted;
- Deleting, hiding or manipulating the notes on intellectual or industrial property rights and other data identifying the rights of Línea Directa or of third parties incorporated into the content, as well as the technical protection devices or any information mechanisms that may be inserted into the content;
- Obtaining and attempting to obtain content using means or procedures other than those that, depending on the case, have been made available for this purpose or have been expressly indicated on the web pages where the content is located or, in general, those that are usually used on the Internet because they do not entail a risk of damaging or disabling the website and/or the content;
- In particular, the user undertakes not to transmit, disseminate or make available to third parties any information, data, content, messages, graphics, drawings, sound and/or image files, photographs, recordings, software and, in general, any kind of material that is contrary to the law, ethics or public order and, in general, to use the site according to these general conditions.
Responsibility for operation
Línea Directa does not guarantee continuous access or the correct viewing, downloading or use of the items and information contained on the pages of the Línea Directa website, which may be impeded, hindered or interrupted by factors or circumstances that are beyond its control.
Línea Directa strives to ensure the veracity and accuracy of the information and documents contained on this website; however, it does not guarantee their accuracy, completeness or timeliness, and will be held blameless in this regard.
Liability for content not belonging to Línea Directa
The responsibility for, or veracity of, the content, information, manifestations and/or qualities of the services or content offered will correspond to each user or specific organisation under whose responsibility it has been included.
Línea Directa provides an email address (DepartamentoLegal@lineadirecta.es) for users so that anyone affected by the activity of other users can communicate the source of the actions and information that they consider illegal or that violate their own rights or that of third parties.
Liability for damages
Línea Directa is not responsible for damages, losses, claims or expenses caused by:
- Interferences, interruptions, errors, omissions, telephone line faults, delays, blockages or disconnections in the operation of the electronic system, caused by deficiencies, overloads and errors on telecommunications lines and networks, or any other cause beyond the control of Línea Directa;
- Illegitimate intrusions through the use of malware of any kind and via any means of communication, such as software viruses or other;
- Improper or inappropriate use of Línea Directa's web pages;
- Security or browsing errors caused by a malfunction of the browser or by using an outdated version of it. Línea Directa's administrators reserve the right to withdraw, in whole or in part, any content or information from the website.
Línea Directa will not be held responsible for damages of any kind that may be due to use of the services and content by users or insured parties or that may be due to a lack of veracity, validity, completeness and/or authenticity of the information that users provide to other users about themselves and, in particular, for damages of any kind that may be due to a user's theft of a third party's personality in any kind of communication via the portal.
Hyperlinks and links
Línea Directa provides users and insured parties with technical link devices to allow access to pages and/or websites belonging to and/or managed by third parties.
Línea Directa checks the existing content on these pages at the time it establishes a link to the same and does so in good faith that such content complies with applicable law. However, Línea Directa will not, under any circumstance, be held responsible for, approve or assume ownership of the products, services, content, information, data, files or any kind of material existing on these web pages and does not control and will not be held responsible for, approve or assume ownership of any successive modifications to these materials.
Línea Directa does not guarantee or assume any type of responsibility for damages of any kind that may be due to:
- The operation, availability, accessibility or continuity of the linked sites;
- The maintenance of the information, content and services existing on the sites that are in some way linked;
- The provision or transmission of the information, content and services existing on the linked sites;
- The quality, legality, reliability and usefulness of the information contained on and services existing on the linked sites, under the same terms and the same scope set out with respect to the content and services provided by third parties via the portal.
Línea Directa will not be held responsible for damages caused to the user or insured party by viewing or using content or services offered by a web page accessed via a link included on the portal www.lineadirectaaseguradora.com.
Notwithstanding the above, if it deems it appropriate or is required by judicial or administrative order, Línea Directa will delete the links to those web pages that infringe the applicable legislation and/or violate the rights of third parties.
If a user considers that any site included in the search results contains illegal information and is interested in requesting that the link be deleted, they should email Gestion_Clientes@LineaDirecta.es.
Intellectual and Industrial Property
The user acknowledges and accepts that all trademarks, trade names or distinctive signs, all industrial and intellectual property rights, regarding the content and/or any other items inserted on the page are the exclusive property of Línea Directa and/or third parties, who have the exclusive right to use them in the course of trade.
Under no circumstance does access to the website imply any type of waiver, transmission, licence or total or partial assignment of these rights, unless expressly stated otherwise. This legal notice for the website does not give users and insured parties any other right to use, alter, exploit, reproduce, distribute or publicly communicate the website and/or its content, other than those expressly set out here. Any other use or exploitation of any right will be subject to the prior and express authorisation specifically granted for this purpose by Línea Directa or the third-party owner of the rights in question.
If any user, insured party or third party considers that any of the content of the website owned by Línea Directa violates their intellectual or industrial property rights, they should email Gestion_Clientes@LineaDirecta.es with the following information:
- Identification and contact details for the claimant or their legal representative.
- Documentation proving that they own the rights that have allegedly been infringed.
- Detailed account of the rights allegedly infringed by Línea Directa as well as the exact location on the website www.lineadirectaaseguradora.com.
- Express declaration by the claimant that the use of the content has been made without the consent of the owner of the rights that have allegedly been infringed.
In the same sense as above, the domain names www.lineadirecta.com, www.lineadirecta.es and all those that serve to directly access this site are the exclusive property of Línea Directa Aseguradora, S.A. or of the parent or investee companies.
Any improper use or use without the relevant permission will be an infringement of the rights granted through registering and will result in the initiation of legal actions.
The content, copy, photographs, designs, logos, images, computer programs, source codes and, in general, any intellectual creation existing on this site, as well as the site itself as a whole, as a multimedia artistic work, are protected as copyright by legislation on intellectual property.
Línea Directa is either the owner of the items that make up the graphic design of its website, the menus, navigation buttons, HTML code, copy, images, textures, graphics and all other website content, or it has obtained the corresponding authorisation to use these items.
The content provided on this website may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, or transmitted, or recorded by any information retrieval system, in any form or on any medium, unless prior authorisation has been obtained in writing from the above entity.
Deleting, avoiding or tampering with the copyright symbol or any other data that identifies the rights of Línea Directa, as well as any technical protection devices, or any information mechanisms that may contain content, is also prohibited.
Línea Directa authorises users and insured parties to use, view, print, download and store the content and/or items inserted on the website exclusively for personal use, always stating the source and/or author of the same and, where applicable, adding the copyright symbol and/or industrial property notes of the owners.
The use of these items, their reproduction, communication and/or distribution for commercial or lucrative purposes, as well as their modification, alteration, or decompilation, is strictly prohibited.
For any use other than those expressly permitted, prior written consent must be obtained from the owner of the rights in question.
Users of this website undertake to respect the rights set out here and to avoid any action that could infringe them, and Línea Directa, in any case, reserves the right to bring any legal or other action, as applicable, in defence of its legitimate intellectual and industrial property rights.
Notwithstanding the above, Línea Directa reserves the right to deny or withdraw access to the portal and/or the services offered, without prior notice, at its own discretion or at the request of a third party, to any users who fail to comply with this legal notice and/or the specific conditions that may apply.
Duration and termination
This website's service and the other services will, initially, be for an indefinite duration. However, Línea Directa may terminate or suspend any of the portal services and/or any of the other services. When possible, Línea Directa will announce the termination or suspension of the provision of the service on the website and the other services.
Neither party shall assume any responsibility for the non-execution or delay in the execution of any of its respective obligations contracted under this legal notice and the services provided by Línea Directa, if such lack of execution or delay is the result or consequence of force majeure or a fortuitous event, accepted as such by jurisprudence, and in particular: natural disasters, failure to transmit IP packets, war, siege, disturbances of public order, transport strikes, power cuts or any other exceptional measure taken by administrative or governmental authorities.
Any information that either party communicates or provides to the other or to which either of them have access will be considered confidential and may not be disclosed, displayed, reproduced, copied, discussed with third parties or used by either of the parties for purposes outside their own scope and permission.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
This legal notice is governed by Spanish law. To the extent permitted by law, the parties, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction that may correspond to them, agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts and tribunals of the city of Madrid.
Protection of personal data
Línea Directa Aseguradora, S.A, processes your personal data in a clear and transparent way, complying with applicable regulations on the protection of personal data. It also guarantees confidentiality in the processing of the information you provide us with, as well as compliance with the duty of secrecy.