Línea Directa will sell its health insurance under its brand to boost the company's multi-line strategy
- From 24 September, Línea Directa will market its health policies, managed until now through the Vivaz brand, under the Línea Directa brand, which it already operates with in the car and home sectors.
- Since its launch in 2017, Vivaz has built a 108,000-strong customer base, positioning itself in the health insurance sector as a strong competitor thanks to a unique offer, and operates with a positive and growing insurance margin. The company now considers this line of business to have reached sufficient maturity and that the time has come for it to start operating under the Group's flagship brand and its signature red phone logo.
- Marketing under the Línea Directa brand, which enjoys the strongest recognition in the Spanish insurance sector, will boost customer loyalty and drive growth and diversification.
- With this decision, Línea Directa Aseguradora is also seeking to bolster its multi-line strategy, offering customers a comprehensive value proposition and a homogeneous customer experience.
- The policies of current Vivaz customers will also henceforth be managed under the Línea Directa brand. This process will not entail any change in its cover or conditions. Policyholders will be able to continue accessing the company's extensive medical staff and the rest of the procedures and services offered through its App in the same way, as well as the rewards programme for maintaining healthy habits.
Madrid, 20 September 2023.- Línea Directa Aseguradora has decided to market the policies of its health business line, hitherto managed through the Vivaz brand, under the Línea Directa brand. This change, with which the company is seeking to boost its multi-line strategy, thereby strengthening the contribution of its Health line to the group's growth and diversification, will be made on 24 September.
The Línea Directa Group began operating in the health sector in September 2017 and over the last six years has attained 108,000 policyholders. The business line has been operating with a positive technical margin since 2020, increasing it by 67% thereafter.
Courtesy of a unique commercial offering, which is 100% digital, with modular policies, a large medical team made up of 51,000 healthcare professionals and 1,000 heath centres and hospitals and a rewards programme for healthy habits, Línea Directa Aseguradora has positioned itself as a leading player in the health insurance market.
This is enabling the company to tap into the market, with 60% of Línea Directa's health customers having never previously taken out a healthcare policy, and progressively increase its market share. More specifically, the company has risen four places over the last four years both in the ranking of healthcare insurance companies by premium volume - in which it is now positioned among the top 25 companies in the sector - and in the dental insurance ranking, where it is the ninth-largest company.
Línea Directa Aseguradora therefore considers its activity in the Health sector to have reached sufficient maturity and that the time has come to market it directly under the Línea Directa brand. This decision means that the Health business line will benefit from the strength and potential of the Línea Directa brand, which enjoys the strongest awareness in the Spanish insurance market.
Alignment with the company's new reality and strategy
In addition, the Group is seeking to reflect and promote its new strategy as a multi-sector insurance group. The unification of the brand means that Línea Directa policyholders will benefit from a comprehensive commercial offer and a homogeneous customer experience across all channels.
As a result the company will be able to optimise commercial efficiency and increase customer loyalty, thus contributing to the Group's growth and diversification.
The rebranding process will not affect current policies, as there will be no changes to conditions, cover, or the rewards programme. Current Vivaz customers will continue to have access to the same medical staff and diagnostic tests and will be able to continue consulting and booking their appointments from its App, which will now be updated and have a new design, under the Línea Directa brand and its signature red phone logo.
According to Patricia Ayuela, CEO of Línea Directa Aseguradora, "in just six years, Vivaz has established itself as a strong competitor in the health insurance field, a sector that is dominated by just a few companies. The step we are now taking represents a firm commitment to boosting our health insurance under the Línea Directa brand, which will bolster our growth and allow us to better communicate our identity as a large multi-line insurance group whose purpose is to cover all the insurance needs of our customers".