Línea Directa Aseguradora presents its corporate purpose 'Innovate, Protect and Bring Closer'
- In line with the latest trends in the area of global sustainability, Línea Directa Aseguradora's Sustainability and Reputation Committee, composed of its management team, its CEO and its chairman, has approved the Company's purpose, which captures the Group's reason for being and serves as a driver for creating long-term sustainability and value for its stakeholders.
- On the occasion of its 4th Sustainability Management Plan 2020–2022, this purpose is being established as a decisive route for aligning the company's actions around all of its stakeholders, mainly customers, employees, suppliers and investors.
- Precisely this year, in which it is celebrating its 25th anniversary, Línea Directa Aseguradora is reaffirming its determination to remain at the forefront of the sector, not only as regards sustainability, but also reputation, people management, caring for the value chain and commitment to digitisation.
- The insurer's direct, intermediary-free model brings customers the most comprehensive policies simply and at the best price, protecting what really matters to their customers: their health, home and car.
Madrid, 15 October 2020.- Línea Directa Aseguradora, which is celebrating its 25 anniversary this year and will soon be listed on the stock exchange, has defined its corporate purpose: 'Innovate, Protect and Bring Closer'. This purpose, which has been formulated and approved, after deep reflection, by the Company's Sustainability and Reputation Committee, composed of its management team, its CEO and its chairman, sums up the company's reason for being in the area of sustainability.
Línea Directa Aseguradora purpose has been designed to inspire and drive the sustainability strategy in the long term and it is a key differentiation factor that forms the basis of the Company's way of doing things and coherent decision-making, not just in relation to the business, but also in relation to the main stakeholders: employees, customers, suppliers and investors.
In an increasingly complex and generally uncertain world facing major challenges, such as digital disruption, with greater awareness regarding environmental, social and ethical issues, society is ranking ever more highly the value generated by companies and the impact of their activity. Customers, employees, suppliers, investors and shareholders demand total alignment of the business with the day-to-day performance of the company in the area of sustainability.
Línea Directa Aseguradora's purpose perfectly links the Group's activity and its environmental, social and ethical commitment, explaining 'Innovate, Protect and Bring Closer' as follows:
- INNOVATE: Innovation is in Línea Directa Aseguradora's DNA. The company's appearance on the market as a start-up in 1995 was a before and after in the way insurance business was done in Spain, as it became the first insurer in the country to sell policies directly to the customer, without brokers or offices, first over the phone and then online. It also revolutionised the way insurance was packaged in the Spanish industry and made what are now major products available to consumers, but that were, at the time, pioneering, such as fully comprehensive insurance with excess the 'Respira' policy specifically for electric vehicles, or other newer ones such as 'Llámalo X' (Call It X), the first insurance to include a vehicle.
- PROTECT: This refers to the insurance business. Línea Directa Aseguradora looks after what truly matters to its customers: their health, home and car. But it also cares about its value chain, its employees and its investors, and this idea of protecting also refers to the company's convictions as regards taking care of the environment and taking care of society.
- BRING CLOSER: The company's direct business model, without intermediaries, allows it to bring its customers the best and most innovative insurance and cover at the best price, in addition to offering a personalised, friendly and approachable service. It also entails the concept of popularising insurance with competitive prices, making it simple. And, of course, it has to do with being close to the customer at any time thanks to technology and digitisation.
This purpose is contained in the newly approved 4th Sustainability Management Plan for 2020–2022, which includes the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) aspects that the Group will focus on in managing the plan's actions.
In the words of Francisco Valencia, Director of Communication and Sustainability, “Línea Directa Aseguradora's purpose, which has been epitomised in these three verbs: innovate, protect and bring closer, is totally consistent with what we have been doing over the past 25 years and perfectly captures who we are, what we do, why we do it and what makes us different. It summarises our commitment as a company and allows us to elevate the concept of sustainability within the organisation. We want it to serve as a guide and as permanent inspiration in the long run."