Línea Directa Aseguradora rises two places in Merco Talent and is ranked 43rd of the companies that best attract and retain talent in Spain
- Línea Directa Aseguradora has cemented its standing as one of the 50 companies best able to attract and retain talent in Spain according to the 2022 Merco Talent ranking published by the Corporate Reputation Business Monitor MERCO. The company has risen two places compared with last year and is in 43rd position in the ranking.
- In the last year, the company has further strengthened its hybrid and flexible work model, maintained employment quality by focusing on in-house talent and professional development, and put employee well-being centre stage.
- One of the cornerstones of talent loyalty at Línea Directa Aseguradora is professional development. In 2022, 77% of vacancies at the company were filled with in-house talent and the company launched a new development and self-study culture campaign.
- Employee emotional well-being is among the main trends in human resources that has become a particular focus since Covid-19. The company has further established its "Well-being to be Well" programme and has included digital disconnection measures.
- Supporting the employee when they most need it at a time as challenging as the present has really made the difference for some companies. In this regard, Línea Directa Aseguradora made an extraordinary 1% one-off payment to its staff at the beginning of the year, with the exception of the Management Committee, in addition to the corresponding salary increase.
Madrid, 2 March, 2023- In a context of workplace transformation such as the one currently underway, Línea Directa Aseguradora has established its standing as one of the 50 companies best able to attract and retain talent in Spain, according to the 2022 Merco Talento ranking published by the Corporate Reputation Business Monitor Merco.
The company has climbed two places compared with the previous year to 43rd position in the overall ranking for Spain. In the insurance sector classification, Linea Directa Aseguradora remains the fourth-ranked company in terms of ability to attract and retain talent in the country.
Improving its ranking at the present time, when the business environment is being affected by economic instability, inflation and rising costs, is testament to the company's commitment to its more than 2,500-strong workforce.
In this respect, Línea Directa Aseguradora has further established its hybrid and flexible working model in 2022, maintaining employment quality by focusing on in-house talent and their professional development, and has put employee well-being centre stage, providing support when it is most required.
Línea Directa Aseguradora consolidates its flexiwork model
The Covid-19 pandemic has transformed working models and talent is increasingly demanding greater flexibility from companies. This is why Línea Directa established a flexiwork model in 2022 which combines presence in offices with remote working. This system enables employees to take advantage of up to six days of flexible remote work per month. In addition, given the special needs of employees in call centres, who maintain contact with customers, they have different "à la carte" shifts and schedules so that each person can choose the one that best suits their needs. Furthermore, people in customer service work in different shifts so it has been made easier for them to have schedules with more days of work from home, according to the needs of each area.
This flexible model has been based on Línea Directa's trust in people and the responsibility and commitment of employees. Alongside the implementation of this new work model in the company, the Remote Work Policy was made available to employees.
The company is committed to the professional development of internal talent
One of the cornerstones of talent loyalty at Línea Directa Aseguradora is professional development. In 2022, the company laid the foundations for a new strategy aimed at motivating its employees to take on fresh challenges, internal mobility within the organisation and fostering their professional development through new ways of learning.
For some time now, the company has been focusing on internal talent to foster the culture of development and self-learning within the organisation. In the last year, 77% of vacancies have been filled with internal talent, a reflection of the company's commitment to the professional development of its employees.
Employee well-being at the heart of decisions
Employee emotional well-being is among the main trends in human resources that has become a particular focus since COVID-19. The company has further established its "Wellness to be Well" programme that includes actions focused on various aspects of their well-being (physical, emotional, financial, etc.) and financial, mindfulness, yoga and nutrition training programmes, webinars with medical specialists and sporting challenges for charity purposes.
The company has also included digital disconnection initiatives, caring for the employee as the organisation's most important asset. One of the measures included in the last year is ensuring that the new technological systems implemented contain warnings about the inadvisability of sending communications outside working hours. In accordance with internal policy, digital disconnection awareness-raising activities have also been carried out with the aim of improving employees' work-life balance.
Supporting the employee when their need is greatest is at the heart of Línea Directa Aseguradora's Human Resources policy. At the beginning of this year the company made a an exceptional one-off payment to all of its employees, with the exception of the management team, equivalent to 1% of their fixed salary to help offset the rise in the cost of living that affects customers and employees. This was on top of the corresponding salary increase applied to the entire workforce in January 2023.
According to Mar Garre, Head of People, Communications and Sustainability: “Being among the 50 companies with the greatest capacity to attract and retain talent in Spain in the current exceptionally challenging environment is a source of great pride to us. Professional development, flexibility and care for the employee have always been central to our culture. People are the key to Línea Directa's success and we will continue working to develop their commitment and talent, which are essential to address the ambitious goals we have set for the future”.